Another .wpd to .mell Q

  • Joshua Yarden
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Abiword (while itself not a particularly inviting looking ap) did
      open WordPerfect documents, which are now accessible in Mellel. It
      could not, however, open encrypted files. Any suggestions other than
      going to a PC and removing encryption locks from each file?

      TIA,
      Josh
    • Stan Sanderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:13 AM, Joshua Yarden wrote:

        > Abiword (while itself not a particularly inviting looking ap) did
        > open WordPerfect documents, which are now accessible in Mellel. It
        > could not, however, open encrypted files. Any suggestions other than
        > going to a PC and removing encryption locks from each file?
        >
        > TIA,
        > Josh

        Have you tried NeoOffice.app (currently at 1.2 Alpha, but I've had no
        problems)?

        I can't speak for encrypted files, since my old WP files weren't.

        Stan
      • William Nicholls
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          How about icWord?