Re: [redlex] exporting to rtf

  • Lemon Lyman
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      All well and good if you're not sending that document to a client, who can't be expected to mess around like that.

      Ron Rhodes wrote:
      The way I do it is to save the Mellel document as RTF. Then, I use
      MacLinkPlus to convert this RTF file as a "Mac RTF" file. Then open it
      in Word. All formatting is preserved.

      Ron Rhodes

      On Apr 27, 2005, at 8:36 AM, marc estrin wrote:

      I've found the same thing, exporting to Word.  Here's how I found it
      works:

      Export Mellel doc to rtf.   It makes a .rtf file for you.
      Then (in Word anyway), from the Insert menu, insert "file".
      Choose the rtf file Mellel has created,
      -- and you'll find all formatting showing up in the Word document.

      Don't know if this is the smart way to do it, but that's what has
      worked for me.

      As I say, this is my experience Mellel -> Word, but I imagine there
      are Insert analogues in other applications that will do the same
      thing.

      Marc

      On Apr 25, 2005, at 10:57 PM, Jim Mulvihill wrote:

       I'm sorry if this is a silly question.  While I've been a registered
       owner of Mellel for some time, I've only just begun to use it.  I've
       been experimenting with exporting to rtf and find that such
      formatting
       details as italics aren't in fact preserved.  I was under the
       impression that this wasn't a problem with Mellel.  If I can't
      convert
       files to rtf reliably, then Mellel isn't much use to me.  Am I
      missing
       something?

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      	• 	To visit your group on the web, go to:

      	• 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      	• 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Paolo Tramannoni
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2005
        Hi,

        >been experimenting with exporting to rtf and find that such formatting
        >details as italics aren't in fact preserved.

        I didn't experience this kind of problem. However, I recently
        discovered that Mellel is not exporting paragraph styles - something
        that is giving me troubles when sending documents to the office or to
        the magazines.

        I hope this will be addressed in the forthcoming version of Mellel,
        or I must revert most of my work to (hugh!) NeoOffice.

        Bye,
        Paolo

        --
        Paolo Tramannoni