Re: [redlex] RE: glyph variant

  • Tom Gewecke
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
      I wrote recently:

      > In general I think Doulos SIL does glyph variants with OpenType or
      > Graphite
      > technology.

      In downloading the latest beta version of Doulos SIL (4.0.12), I see
      that they have now added AAT tables to the font. The OS X font panel >
      advanced > typography menu now lists a lot of options, including a
      couple dozen "alternate forms."
    • RedleX Mail
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
        On 28/11/2004, at 20:07, shayne clarke wrote:

        > Thank you for confirming that there indeed is a problem with Mellel's
        > handling of at least Japanese variant glyphs, and for explaining it so
        > carefully. I am not sure whether this also affects its handling of
        > Chinese variants, but I suspect it does. This strikes me as a major
        > problem for users of Mellel interested in serious academic
        > word-processing using historical sources (Sinology, Japanology, and
        > Buddhist Studies).

        The problem is mainly that Mellel do not support glyph variants in
        general, and not something specific to CJK. It's something we need to
        add to our support with OpenType, that's all.

        Ori