Re: [redlex] Hebrew Spell checker

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1 1:17 AM
      I am afraid my situation is different than yours.

      On 1 Jul 2012, at 09:23, Sorin Paliga wrote:

      Check with TextEdit or LibreOffice or OpenOffice, if they do not work there, there is a problem with Mellel.

      I would ask you to explain me what you are referring in the above line.

      Do dics show up in System Preferences/Language and Text/Text and, under button Spelling, you must see the whole list of available dics, including the ones added as described. If it does not who up there, there is a problem with them. In attached file, the last dics (the ones described as ‘library’) are the ones added after unarchiving OO dics.

      In this screen picture you can see the list of the dictionary I have in my spelling window:
      And here is my spelling folder in the user library and the dictionaries I have added, but which are not presented in the above list of dics.
      What can I do to activate these Dics?

      TIA
      On 01.07.2012, at 00:27, raymond <raymond@...> wrote:

      I have d/l the 3 languages dict. from the link you gave, and opened them according to your instructions.
      The folders I have got I entered to the Spelling folder in my home library.
      I have logged out and in, and launched Mellel and try to spell check Hebrew, and failed. No go.
      I do not know why, and what is the problem with my Mellel, but it doesn't work for me, and I need to spell in Hebrew as well.
      I have tried to spell check Hebrew in Mail, and it works very fine, noy=t on my Mellel.<Screen Shot 2012-07-01 at 09.22.15.png>
      I hope some good soul would be able to assist me.

      TIA

      On 30 Jun 2012, at 22:21, Sorin Paliga wrote:

      Press button ‘I want to do more...’, and you will get, among others, to

      Hebrew has 3 such dics
      On 30.06.2012, at 21:24, raymond <raymond@...> wrote:

      I am confused and need your further help:
      - Where can I find the spelling modules, from where i can download them?
      - I have OO and LO installed. I looked at spelling but didn't find the spelling modules of these two software.

      I will appreciate you further instructions.

      On 30 Jun 2012, at 20:07, Sorin Paliga wrote:

      Why do you use Aspell in Lion? You may directly use OpenOffice/LibreOffice spell modules, unarchive them, and move the two essential files to /Library/Spelling. The steps are:
      - download OO spell modules, will see file like name.oxt- change .oxt into .zip, and confirm when asked if sure
      - double click on it, and move to /Library/Spelling the two essential files names .aff and .dicFrom now on, you will have spelling in any language,whose modules are installed there; in any Cocoa app and in OO or LibreOffice too.

      Hope this helps
      P.S. Am not sure, but CocoAspell may not work in Lion. Described method was functional beginning with Snow Leopard.On 30.06.2012, at 19:09, raymond <raymond@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I am having problems with hebrew spell chker on Mellel 3.
      I am on 10.7.4
      The speller Aspell, created by installing the CocoAspell.
      When checkiing in Mellel a file containing Hebrew, English and French. The speller works fine in checking English and French, but when coming to Hebrew it doesn't work.
      When doing the same thing in TextEdit or in Mail, the speller works well woth all three languages.

      I need my ability to spell checker in hebrew. I have configure the langugaes in the Mellel pallets.
      Here are the relevant screen pictures:
      The TextEdit situatiion:
      <Screen Shot 2012-06-30 at 18.56.21.png>
      And in Mellel
      <Screen Shot 2012-06-30 at 18.55.43.png>
      And anopther one in Mellel
      <Screen Shot 2012-06-30 at 19.06.44.png>

      Hope you will be able to guide me to solution.
      TIA

         (Yahoo! ID required)
      <*> To change settings via email:   redlex-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • yovard@ymail.com
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 31

        On 31.03.2015, at 11:59, raymond wrote:

        Sorin Paliga on this list gave me the solution for Mellel spellchecker (…)

        Thanks for your help, Raymond.

        Anna