Strange notice

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012

      Hello,

      I am trying to save a new Mellel file. When clicking on the command, and before clicking on the S to complete the saving command, I get a notice on my desktop, which would disappears by itself if I continue to click the S.
      I was not able to screen picture it, so I took a picture, not very clear one, with my iPhone, and i am attaching it here:
      It suggests to open the universal control panel and to enable a command signed by a red circle on the left lower corner.
      What does all this mean?
      TIA

    • Gideon Goldenberg
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        Better use Function keys for the basic functions. One key is always better than two.

        On 1 Jun 2012, at 1:48, raymond wrote:

        Hello,

        I am trying to save a new Mellel file. When clicking on the command, and before clicking on the S to complete the saving command, I get a notice on my desktop, which would disappears by itself if I continue to click the S.
        I was not able to screen picture it, so I took a picture, not very clear one, with my iPhone, and i am attaching it here:
        <Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 12.58.23.png>

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          Thanks for your answer. It didn't answer my questions:
          - What is the meaning of this strange notice seen in the screen picture?
          - What is suppose to do in the suggestion shown in the screen picture?

          TIA

          On 1 Jun 2012, at 14:21, Gideon Goldenberg wrote:

          Better use Function keys for the basic functions. One key is always better than two.

          On 1 Jun 2012, at 1:48, raymond wrote:

          Hello,

          I am trying to save a new Mellel file. When clicking on the command, and before clicking on the S to complete the saving command, I get a notice on my desktop, which would disappears by itself if I continue to click the S.
          I was not able to screen picture it, so I took a picture, not very clear one, with my iPhone, and i am attaching it here:
          <Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 12.58.23.png>
          It suggests to open the universal control panel and to enable a command signed by a red circle on the left lower corner.
          What does all this mean?
          TIA

        • Roger Shufflebottom
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
            Your picture is so small that I can't see it but go to System Preferences> Universal Access and see what you can find. I do not think this is anything to do with Mellel.

            --
            With Best Wishes,
            Roger Shufflebottom

          • Danny ‏Rosin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
              Raymond,
              Without seeing the text I don't think we can help.

              Danny Rosin, Israel.

              ב-1 ביונ 2012, בשעה 16:48, raymond <raymond@...> כתב/ה:

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                Dany,

                There was no text inside the file.
                I suspect it is something belonging to the control panel, but to me it appeared in Mellel.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                  Not the file, the window itself.

                  Danny Rosin, Israel.

                  ב-1 ביונ 2012, בשעה 18:28, raymond <raymond@...> כתב/ה:

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                    Unfortunatly, I was not fast enough to screen picture what was written inside.
                    I have tried to do it with the iPhone, and not with much success.
                    It says that I should enable a command in the control panel Universal Access, and the command is:
                    I hope I have given the full information.
                    BTW, by clicking now and enabling this command, the notice has disappeared.
                    Thanks for your answers.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                      To avoid unwanted surprises when you wish to save a file or to do anything else using the keyboard I would suggest you make sure what the System Preferences are.
                      Go to: System Preferences → Keyboard → Keyboard Shortcuts → Application Shortcuts. There you have got two sections, viz. (1) All Applications and (2) Mellel App. Mellel is the only application that has special preferences in the System Preferences. According to my experience, if you want to make sure that the keyboard obeys you, it is safer to select, wherever possible, the same preferences bot for “All Applications” and for “Mellel App”. This procedure should solve the problem.
                      I cannot answer your question about the notice you get after clicking the Command, specially as the screen picture you added is practically unreadablr.
                      Wishing you success,
                      Gideon.

                      On 1 Jun 2012, at 6:34, Danny ‏Rosin wrote:

[...]

                      --------------------------------------
                      Prof. Gideon Goldenberg
                      48 Ben-Maimon Avenue
                      IL-92261 Jerusalem
                      Israel
                      Telephone: +972-2-5665135
                      Fax: +972-2-5634891
                      ---------------------------------------

                    • Nigel Atkinson

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
                          I have no macro software, as far as I know.
                          But, thanks for your explanations.

                          On 1 Jun 2012, at 19:22, Nigel Atkinson wrote:

                          This is controlled by Control Panel:Universal Access.
                          Some programs like Keyboard Maestro use this so that their macros can manipulate the user interface. This is not used by Mellel.

                          Nigel

                          On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM, raymond <raymond@...> wrote:
                          Unfortunatly, I was not fast enough to screen picture what was written inside.
                          I have tried to do it with the iPhone, and not with much success.
                          It says that I should enable a command in the control panel Universal Access, and the command is:
                          <Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 18.56.50.png>