A problem

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2009
      Hello,

      I have prepared a shortcut, which is Command+1 for my main character.
      It worked very well for me.
      After upgrading to 10.6 (now I am on 10.6.2) I have notice that when I want to apply this shortcut I need to repeat the command twice to be changed in the Mellel file. ( BTW, it is the same problem with my other shortcut.)

      What went wrong?

      TIA
    • RedleX Mail

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2009
          Hi Ori,

          Would you care to share what you know about this Snow Leopard bug, and any way for an end user to work around it? I am experiencing this, of all things, with Apple Aperture, and it's driving me nuts!

          Todah!
          Alwin

          ==========

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2009
            Ori,

            Toda, I hope you will able to handle the issue of colors and background color, discussed in the attached lines:

            TIA

            Raymond

            On 18 Nov 2009, at 22:42, RedleX Mail wrote:

            Yes, we are aware of this problem. It's a problem with OS 10.6.x... which means it's our problem too. We hope to have something new toward solving this soon.

            Ori

            On 18/11/2009, at 12:20, raymond wrote:

            Hello,

            I have prepared a shortcut, which is Command+1 for my main character.
            It worked very well for me.
            After upgrading to 10.6 (now I am on 10.6.2) I have notice that when I want to apply this shortcut I need to repeat the command twice to be changed in the Mellel file. ( BTW, it is the same problem with my other shortcut.)

            What went wrong?

            TIA

            Raymond & Gideon,

            I suggest you open a discussion in the "Nitty Gritty" discussion group on the Redlers Forum

            In the past, several people have requested a Ternary Font, but I don't recall a detailed discussion on font handling in general.  I think your ideas would be very useful and I suspect they will raise an interesting discussion.

            Janet S.S. Nussbaum
            Kiriat Ono, Israel

            ג'נט נוסבאום
            קרית אונו

            On 11 Mar, 2009, at 11:39 PM, raymond wrote:

            Gideon,

            Thanks for your explanations.
            I can tell that I agree with concerning the font handling by Mellel, and I have made in this list few time ago a request that Mellel will handle font differently and in more convenient way.

            I can add that I wish Mellel will have the ability to have a descent spellchecker of Hebrew, since the existing one is too limited and works occasionally.
            I still remember Rav Ktav and its very able spell checker in Hebrew. I wish a good one for Mellel as well.

            Regards

            Raymond
            On 11/03/2009, at 22:06, Gideon Goldenberg wrote:

            Raymond,
               the Character Palette does not belong to Mellel, but to the Mac Operation System. You will find some explanations in the “Mac Help” under “Character Palette”. In my experience, Mellel is the best word processor in supporting fonts of various types, but it was a major mistake to make the program handle fonts from within the styles, especially for those who use many scripts and languages in the same document.
               I am still struggling with the long list of fonts in which I must travel to find the right one. “Main Font” and “Secondary Font” are no help for those who need five. I remember that some good advices were given somewhere. Maybe our more experienced friends can help. I looked into Sharon Zardetto’s excellent guide Take Control of Fonts in Leopard, but her instructions require hard and time-consuming work; does anyone have a shorter way to shorten the list at work?
            Thanks,
            Gideon.

            On 11 Mar 2009, at 9:6, raymond wrote:

            Hello,

            I need your help in finding in the Mellel guide on which page I can
            find the explanations about the character appearance palette.
            I am sorry, but my efforts to identify it by the table of content or
            by search failed.

            TIA
            Raymond

            <*> Your email settings: