Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [redlex] Re: Nachla'ot font

Expand Messages
  • Rutie Adler
    Hi EEP 1 I said no longer because I used to have it and it disappeared; 2 I don t have Don s link It seems that every time I turn around there is a change in
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 1, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi EEP

      1 I said no longer because I used to have it and it disappeared; 
      2 I don't have Don's link

      It seems that every time I turn around there is a change in Mellel which messes things up for me. My first year textbook which was just about to go to print changed the form of the auto-title which used to work properly in both directions no longer does; [expletive deleted]; it used to be the case the if I set, let say a section, in a certain way the numbers of the sections came out OK in both right-to-left sections and in left-to-right; all of a sudden, the numbers of left-to-right sections come out reversed, i.e. instead of 4.25 I get 25.4.

      Rutie


      On Aug 29, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:


      Rutie:

           OK, well it wasn't clear that you didn't have the font at all--because you said "no longer have," which indicates that you did have it--before.  And, now you say "the problem continues"-- did you download the font that Don sent the free link to that was included in the post from this AM?  Should you not be able to read the PDF if you have the font installed?
           Apologies to you for thinking that Rutie was a masculine name, sorry, very sorry; however, if you post a question on a forum and there is a response to it  that meant someone (moi) took time out of their day to help you, even if it didn't appear to help right then or was/is completely off the wall. . . it meant that today Don B. sent me a link to the font you were asking about, which should help solve your problem?  : - 0
            Anyway, I'm over it now.   BTW, you may have to do something to install it into the Adobe Fonts file???  Adobe seems to operate in a semi-autonomous fashion within the Apple environment, so even if you get it into the Fonts folder it may require that you specifically  add it into the Adobe Preference, or its own Font folder, etc.

      Take care, 

      eep




      Rutie Adler
      Coordinator Hebrew Language Program
      Near Eastern Studies Department
      UC Berkeley
      Berkeley, CA 94720-1940
      (510) 642 4076


    • RedleX Mail
      You ll need to download the HebrewSpell app from here; http://www.מיץפטל.com/software/hspe ll.php and install it, of course. Ori ... You ll need to
      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 19, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        You'll need to download the HebrewSpell app from here; http://www.מיץפטל.com/software/hspell.php and install it, of course. 

        Ori

        On 4 Sep 2008, at 06:43, Vladimir Scolnic wrote:



        Hi everybody,
        I'm new to Mellel and I don't know how can I have a check spelling in Hebrew, while typing.
        Thank you in advance for your help.

        Vladimir


        --- On Wed, 9/3/08, Vladimir Scolnic <vladimir_scolnic@ yahoo.com>wrote:
        From: Vladimir Scolnic <vladimir_scolnic@ yahoo.com>
        Subject: Re: [redlex] I forgot
        To: redlex@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:40 PM


        Hi everybody,
        I'm new to Mellel and I don't know how can I have a check spelling in Hebrew, while typing.
        Thank you in advance for your help.

        Vladimir

        --- On Wed, 9/3/08, Rutie Adler <radler@berkeley. edu> wrote:
        From: Rutie Adler <radler@berkeley. edu>
        Subject: [redlex] I forgot
        To: redlex@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 3:51 PM

        Hi


        Can anyone remind me or enlighten how you set the style in the various auto-title; it seems to me that i could click on the various inserts and then get a list of fonts etc., am I dreaming?

        Rutie
        On Sep 2, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Monique Mayer wrote:

        Hi Rutie,
        You say that since the last update everything got messed up. Would it 
        be more expeditious to reinstall the older version and use that until 
        after you go to print? (Someone please comment on this. I'm not so 
        tech-savvy to know if this would be a good thing to do).
        Monique


        Rutie Adler
        Coordinator Hebrew Language Program
        Near Eastern Studies Department
        UC Berkeley
        Berkeley, CA 94720-1940
        (510) 642 4076







      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.