Cross references

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hello,

      I read the tutorial in Don's Tutorials for Beginners about the Cross
      references.

      If I understand it correctly, this feature doesn't apply to URLs
      bookmarks, so when I write a URL in a Mellel file, it is still not a
      live URL.

      Am I correct, or there is a way to do it.

      Regards

      Raymond
    • RedleX Mail

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
          Hello,

          I have a document divided into some chapters. Each chapter has its own
          bibliography but it is on a separate Mellel file.

          My question:
          Is it possible to create cross references between two different Mellel
          files, which practically belongs to the same document.

          TIA

          Raymond
        • Franco Gatti
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
            I just installed a HP Laserjet P1505. It prints with every application, but I only get a white sheet of paper when i use Mellel.
            Any idea?
            f.g.

            Franco Gatti

            Professore associato

            Lingua e Letteratura cinese

            SSLMIT

            Università di Trieste

            Via Filzi 14

            34132 Trieste, Italy

            Sestiere S. Polo 2259

            30125 Venezia

            Telefono: 041719928 (casa); 0405582300/7610 (ufficio)

            Cellulare: 3483326441

            E-mail: fgatti@...

            <http://homepage.mac.com/franco_gatti/mysite/>

            Ai sensi del D. Lgs. n. 196 del 30.6.2003, si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e nei suoi eventuali allegati sono riservate e per uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nessuno, all'infuori dello stesso, può copiare o distribuire il messaggio, o parte di esso, a terzi. Chiunque riceva questo messaggio per errore, è pregato di distruggerlo e di informare il mittente.

            According to the D. Lgs. n. 196, dated 30.6.2003, this document and its attachments are confidential and intended for the named addresses only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any use or dissemination of this email is prohibited. If you have received this document by mistake, please notify the sender and destroy immediately all physical and/or electronic copies.

          • Danny Rosin

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
                  Cannot figure out, but - as a basic idea - are you sure characters are BLACK in the Mellel document?
                  Does it occur with any text, or with specific scripts only?

                  ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

                  E-mail: fgatti@units. it

[...]

                  Sorin Paliga
                  University of Bucharest
                  Department of Slavic Languages
                  Str. Pitar Moș 7–13, et. 1
                  010451 Bucharest
                  Romania

                • Franco Gatti
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
                    The same document prints to a different printer (Epson EPL 6200). It's all roman, and the font is times new roman. The funny thing is that the whole page it's printed all over with gray lines that are not in the document.
                    Everithing works all right with times and some other fonts, I should have tried this first.
                    Thanks Sorin
                    f.g.

                    Il giorno 11/lug/08, alle ore 22:07, Sorin Paliga ha scritto:

[...]

                    <european_anthem_mid.mid>

                  • John Ward

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
                        I also haven't seen anything like this problem, but one place to look
                        for possible trouble-making settings is File/Page Setup
                        -- is your new HP selected as the default printer?
                        -- do you have some custom settings that might cause problems?

                        Janet S.S. Nussbaum
                        Kiriat Ono, Israel

                        ג'נט נוסבאום
                        קרית אונו