anchor

  • Yahoo! Groups
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2008
      Hi!

      I'd love to use anchors in order to link together two parts of my text
      to each other. I'm doing text analysis, and often I have to mention
      "conf. with that quotation in part xxx on page xxx" - and things are
      changing all the time. Part xxx might move somewhere else, and page
      xxx could become some other page....

      But afaik this is impossible. Or am i wrong?

      Hoping I'm wrong ...

      Kurt
    • Janet Nussbaum
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2008
        Kurt,

        As far as I know the current version of Mellel doesn't have what you
        need, but there's hope

        -- Cross-references promised for version 2.5 should do the job and
        -- in the meantime, markers [Edit/Marker] offer a possible work-
        around.

        Janet S.S. Nussbaum
        Kiriat Ono, Israel

        ג'נט נוסבאום
        קרית אונו

        On 12 May, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Yahoo! Groups wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > I'd love to use anchors in order to link together two parts of my text
        > to each other. I'm doing text analysis, and often I have to mention
        > "conf. with that quotation in part xxx on page xxx" - and things are
        > changing all the time. Part xxx might move somewhere else, and page
        > xxx could become some other page....
        >
        > But afaik this is impossible. Or am i wrong?
        >
        > Hoping I'm wrong ...
        >
        > Kurt

      • RedleX Mail

          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2008
            Great, Ori. Now I have a reason to postpone my dissertation: I'll have
            to wait for 2.5 ... :-)

            Kurt