writing direction

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hello,

      I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to change writing direction.
      I would appreciate any help.

      TIA
      Raymond

      ִ.

      .

    • Eugene Maximoff
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
        Creating keyboard shortcuts for applications

        Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Keyboard & Mouse. Then click Keyboard Shortcuts.
        Click the Add (+) button.
        Choose an application from the Application pop-up menu. If you want to set the same key combination for a menu command that appears in many applications, choose All Applications.
        If the application you want to select does not appear in the list, choose Other and locate the application using the Open dialog. Some applications may not allow you to set keyboard shortcuts.

        Type the menu command for which you want to set a keyboard shortcut in the Menu Title field.
        You must type the command exactly as it appears in the application menu, including ellipses and any other punctuation. (An ellipsis is a special character that looks like three periods. To type an ellipsis, you can press Option-semicolon (;). Or use the Character Palette. It may be difficult to tell whether the command is written in the menu with a real ellipsis or with three periods, so if one does not work, try the other.)

        Click in the Keyboard Shortcut field and press the key combination that you want to assign to the menu command, and then click Add.
        You cannot use each type of key (for example, a letter key) more than once in a key combination.

        Quit the application for which you added or changed a keyboard shortcut.
        Restart the application to see the keyboard shortcut in the application's menu.

        Eugene

        raymond <raymond@...> wrote:
        Hello,

        I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to change writing direction.
        I would appreciate any help.

        TIA
        Raymond

        Ö´.
        .

      • raymond
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
          I want to thank you for your very detailed and good explanations.
          Your explanations are good to software which contains menu commands which can be replaced by keyboard shortcuts.

          The problem for me is that I can't find in Mellel any menu command for writing directions.
          Can you indicate where these menu commands exist in Mellel.

          TIA

          Raymond

          ִ.

          .

          raymond <raymond@...> wrote:
          Hello,

          I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to change writing direction.
          I would appreciate any help.

          TIA
          Raymond

          Ö´.
          .

          Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

        • Martha Lev-Zion

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
              Toda Martha,

              No, this is not what I am trying to do.
              I am trying to find a shortcut which will enable me to change direction and not only language.
              I am writing in Hebrew, for Instance, and then, at the end of the paragraph I start another line with English.
              I know that I can create another paragraph style, but this is not what I am looking for.
              I want to find a way to change direction with shortcut instead of utilizing the mouse to click on the flash sign on Mellel file bar. That is all.

              Hope I have able to explain myself better now.

              Raymond

              ִ.

              .

              On 03/03/2008, at 19:02, Martha Lev-Zion wrote:

[...]

            • JF. Arotxa
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but on my copy of
                Mellel v2.2.7.2 changing direction is done with "opt-command-back
                arrow" for RTL and "opt-command-forward arrow" for LTR. This changes
                only the direction not the language.

                --frank

                JF. Arocha
                jfarotxa@...
              • Simeon Chavel
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                  Dear Raymond

                  1. Maybe a script on which language change triggers writing direction change?
                  2. iKey. You pay a few bucks, but there's nothing like it for keyboard shortcuts that do multi-stage things.

                  Simi

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                    This exactly what I want. You understood me exactly.
                    I am also on Mellel 2.2.7.2.
                    Unfortunately, your shortcuts are not working for me. I'll appreciate few more words from you.
                    Have you created these shortcuts, or they are home made by the redlers. If they are yours, can you explain how you did it.
                    TIA
                    Raymond

                    ִ.

                    .

                    raymond <raymond@...> wrote:
                    Hello,

                    I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to change writing
                    direction.
                    I would appreciate any help.

                    TIA
                    Raymond

                    Ö´.
                    .

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
                    Try it now.

                    JF. Arocha

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:

                  • raymond
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                      Sorry Frank, It works.
                      I have tried it once again and it works.
                      Thanks again
                      Raymond

                      ִ.

                      .

                      raymond <raymond@...> wrote:
                      Hello,

                      I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to change writing
                      direction.
                      I would appreciate any help.

                      TIA
                      Raymond

                      Ö´.
                      .

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
                      Try it now.

                      JF. Arocha

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:

                    • Manfred Kropp
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 9, 2008
                        Dear Memallelin,
                        in a document I have several paragraphs. I want to unite some of
                        them, by putting a soft return instead of a paragraph return.
                        Automatically the orientation of the lines in the paragraphs in
                        question changes from left justified to full justified. Quite
                        annoying. What is the reason or is that a bug?
                        Thanks for information and help
                        Manfred