From right to left

  • raymond
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2008
      Hello,

      I would like to write in Hebrew document a line, from right to left,
      which contains figures and signs in English and in Hebrew
    • Janet Nussbaum
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2008
        Raaymond, you've run across a common problem: the Hebrew-mixed-with-
        English convention has a set of rules that often create problems when
        inserting numbers with special symbols.

        Mellel offers two ways to solve the problem
        1. Insert/Special Characters/Space/Direction changing space
        This usually is the best way to go except that it may insert a space
        where you don't want one.

        2. select the Character Appearance palette and change the direction
        manually
        This is more troublesome, but more accurate [no extraneous spaces]
        Also, when you've finished inserting the numbers and special
        characters, it's recommended to return the direction back to "default."

        This issue has been discussed at length on the Mellel forum
        http://forum.redlers.com/index.php

        Janet S.S. Nussbaum
        Kiriat Ono, Israel

        ג'נט נוסבאום
        קרית אונו

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2008
          Thanks Janet for your explanations.
          I am going to work on it and to see which way would work for me.
          Raymond
          On 09/02/2008, at 18:48, Janet Nussbaum wrote:

          Raaymond, you've run across a common problem: the Hebrew-mixed-with-
          English convention has a set of rules that often create problems when
          inserting numbers with special symbols.

          Mellel offers two ways to solve the problem
          1. Insert/Special Characters/Space/Direction changing space
          This usually is the best way to go except that it may insert a space
          where you don't want one.

          2. select the Character Appearance palette and change the direction
          manually
          This is more troublesome, but more accurate [no extraneous spaces]
          Also, when you've finished inserting the numbers and special
          characters, it's recommended to return the direction back to "default."

          This issue has been discussed at length on the Mellel forum
          http://forum.redlers.com/index.php

          Janet S.S. Nussbaum
          Kiriat Ono, Israel

          ג'נט נוסבאום
          קרית אונו

          On 9 Feb, 2008, at 6:34 PM, raymond wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I would like to write in Hebrew document a line, from right to left,
          > which contains figures and signs in English and in Hebrew

          Yahoo! Groups Links