Re: [redhat] Network card installation/modification utility?

  • Brandon Penglase
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2000
      What you would do is since you seemd that you don't want to use the old card
      again.... Just pull the old card out, stick the new one in. then run
      "netconf" w/o ", Thats the same program/utility as the network config in
      Linuxconf, thats just short and JUST the network. when you go in you would
      setup your new card if kzudu (spelling) didn't set it up. Also kzudu would
      also, if you have it set to run at start-up, say that your old card has been
      removed, want to remove it from the system? Thats just a few way(s) of how
      to do that. You may need to recompile your kernel for adding the new card,
      for the module for it. If you didn' recompile, and your still using the
      "stock" kernel, the one that comes with it, Then I don't think you need to
      worry about anything, I believe on the "stock" kernels they include every
      NIC driver option.

      HTH,
      Brandon Penglase