Re: [redhat] Problems with Kde !

  • Tim Fairchild
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
      On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 rpullin@... wrote:

      > >>Not a problem I've ever had, but sounds like kfm is dying for some
      > >>reason. You should just be able to restart kfm and all will work again...
      >
      > >>Are you doing anything with kfm that might be crashing it?
      >
      > I think so this is a bug of Kfm. But, how can I restart my kfm if nothing
      > works ? Only the "end session icon works".

      I'm assuming the root window manager is still working. If so, you should
      be able to click the right mouse button on the background somewhere and
      bring up the menu. Then you can select 'execute command' and bring up an
      xterm or whatever and run kfm from there.

      Still, this shouldn't be happening very often. Must be something kfm is
      choking on :-(

      tim

      Tim & Therese Fairchild
      Atchafalaya Border Collies.