Problems with Kde !

  • rpullin@abcbrasil.com.br
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
      Hello ,

      I have a problem with Kde. Sometimes, all of my desktops icons vanish and
      when I click on panel icons, nothing
      happens.

      In another words, I can't do anything, and I have to restart my Kde
      session .

      Someone have the same problem ?

      I think so this is a serios bug on Kde.

      Regards

      Roberto
      Brazil
    • Tim Fairchild
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
        On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 rpullin@... wrote:

        > Hello ,
        >
        > I have a problem with Kde. Sometimes, all of my desktops icons vanish and
        > when I click on panel icons, nothing
        > happens.
        >
        > In another words, I can't do anything, and I have to restart my Kde
        > session .
        >
        > Someone have the same problem ?

        Not a problem I've ever had, but sounds like kfm is dying for some
        reason. You should just be able to restart kfm and all will work again...

        Are you doing anything with kfm that might be crashing it?

        tim

        Tim & Therese Fairchild
        Atchafalaya Border Collies.
        Kuttabul, Queensland, Australia.
        Email mailto:amosf@...
        Homepage http://www.home.aone.net.au/tims
        BCs4me Page http://members.xoom.com/amosf
      • rpullin@abcbrasil.com.br
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
          >>Not a problem I've ever had, but sounds like kfm is dying for some
          >>reason. You should just be able to restart kfm and all will work again...

          >>Are you doing anything with kfm that might be crashing it?

          I think so this is a bug of Kfm. But, how can I restart my kfm if nothing
          works ? Only the "end session icon works".

          Regards

          Roberto
          Brazil
        • Tim Fairchild
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
            On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 rpullin@... wrote:

            > >>Not a problem I've ever had, but sounds like kfm is dying for some
            > >>reason. You should just be able to restart kfm and all will work again...
            >
            > >>Are you doing anything with kfm that might be crashing it?
            >
            > I think so this is a bug of Kfm. But, how can I restart my kfm if nothing
            > works ? Only the "end session icon works".

            I'm assuming the root window manager is still working. If so, you should
            be able to click the right mouse button on the background somewhere and
            bring up the menu. Then you can select 'execute command' and bring up an
            xterm or whatever and run kfm from there.

            Still, this shouldn't be happening very often. Must be something kfm is
            choking on :-(