Printing to PCL printer

  • Ing. Manuel de la Torre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      Dear friends,

      I have a HP 5 PCL printer, how can I print to it from my linux box,
      from any application?

      I guess the anser must be related to magic filters an ghoscript, but
      I don't know more.

      Manuel.
      --
      Ing. Manuel de la Torre, MST
      mdltorre@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        Manuel:
        What RH version you have?
        I have RH 7.2 Running printtool as root show that ther is support for
        Hp lasserjet 5 printers. Selecet laserjet 5p for example.

        GZS

        "Ing. Manuel de la Torre" wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        >
        > I have a HP 5 PCL printer, how can I print to it from my linux box,
        > from any application?
        >
        > I guess the anser must be related to magic filters an ghoscript, but
        > I don't know more.
        >
        > Manuel.
        > --
        > Ing. Manuel de la Torre, MST
        > mdltorre@...

        This Message is sent from My R. hat 7.2 Linux server

        .-.
        .-. | Gustavo Zamorano S.