Re: [redhat] Connecting to AOL

  • Mex
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2000
      Hi

      Re-Ordered for clarity
      > >>Hello all, I've recently installed Linux on my PC 3 days ago. I
      > >>have been playing with many of the packages and programs
      > >> that came with it.
      > >>My Question is how can I connect to aol from linux
      > >
      > >Why would you want to? ;)
      >
      >Sorry, that was my colleague! I have no opinion of AOL at all so
      >please dont flame me! :-)

      I do have an opinion of AOhelL, so why would you want to.

      AFAIK you can't use AOhelL from Linux, so another instance of Linux being
      better than Windoze.

      TTFN

      Mex
    • Bob Fletcher
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1 3:02 AM
        I am friendly, my friend Stephen is friendly and we use linux.

        Bob
        (Feeling hurt ;-(

        "Thomas J. Hruska" wrote:

        > >From my past experiences in the Linux world, most users of Linux, if not
        > all, are VERY unfriendly.
        TuX PenquinPower in Cairns -
        Australia TuX
        Bob Fletcher bobf@...
      • Hikmatic@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1 3:54 PM
          I didnt mean users are not friendly, I meant the OS itself isn't more
          interactive than MS WIN 98. sorry if I have offended anyone, but I know
          you guys are tough :-)
        • Hikmatic@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1 3:57 PM
            oops sorry, I thought you guys were talking about me, lol
          • Crazy Daze
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2 1:23 AM
              Well its like I said previously in another message,
              that if Im remembering right AOL is working on a
              version for Linux..

              On Fri, 30 June 2000, Hikmatic@... wrote:

              > obviosuly he is a newbie and he is more comfortable connecting to the
              > internet with the way he always used to connect with them, keep in mind
              > that he has only had linux for 3 days, and I am sure all of
              > remember that horrible week.

              > 10% off Windows 2000 or Linux Certification training!
              >
              > Be one of the first 5000 people to visit
              > http://www.cyberstateu.com/partner/info.html.
              > Fill out the form for more info and you will receive a 10% discount on
              > Windows 2000 or Linux training and the chance to win free training.

            • Crazy Daze
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2 1:29 AM
                Cute Bob... hehehe!! Yeah the people Ive meet in
                the Linux community have been rather helpful "most"
                of the time.. but Ive had a few encounters.. But a
                few here and there are going to be there no matter
                what.