Re: [redhat] Installing Linksys Ethernet Card

  • Scott Robbins
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 2, 2002
      From: "Nile Gomez" <nilegomez@...>
      To: <redhat@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 7:53 AM
      Subject: [despammed] Re: [redhat] Installing Linksys Ethernet Card

      > Can I download the kernel using Windows XP and then transfer it to a
      floppy?

      No, it's going to be too big--a CD would work--XP comes with built in CD
      copying software (AFAIK, just for copying files, rather than burning ISO's).

      If, of course, you have a CDROM drive that's capable of burning.
      Scott
    • Andres Rosado
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 11, 2002
        At 06:10 AM 4/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
        > I have a cd burner, but this is the first I'm hearing about the AFAIK
        > software. I can just burn whatever comes down the pipe to a cd, though,
        > correct? I don't need to format it in any way?

        AFAIK means "As Far As I Know". It's an acronym. For some of the most
        common, check:

        http://andres980.tripod.com/abreviaciones.html

        It will give you an idea of what some of the acronyms mean. Also check the
        program /usr/games/wtf (I think). It also defines some acronyms.

        And for your question, yes, you can burn it as a data CD.

        Andres Rosado
        Email: andresr@...
        ICQ: 66750646
        Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/