Re: [redhat] Installing Linksys Ethernet Card

    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 1 3:01 AM
      On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:57:11 -0500, Scott <scottro@...> wrote to
      redhat@yahoogroups.com:

      > You can add in kernel-sources and kernel-headers from the CD's. However,
      > I'm not sure if you have to then compile from scratch, or if you're given
      > the default configuration. Maybe someone else can answer that.

      Remember that Red Hat tends to put stuff in odd directories.

      Maybe the directory you should cd to is in fact /usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10 or
      what ever RH has decided to call the version.

      Try this:

      # cd /usr/src/linux-$(uname -r)

      | G. Stewart -- gstewart@... |
      | Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE. |
    • Andres Rosado
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 11 6:31 PM
        At 06:10 AM 4/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
        > I have a cd burner, but this is the first I'm hearing about the AFAIK
        > software. I can just burn whatever comes down the pipe to a cd, though,
        > correct? I don't need to format it in any way?

        AFAIK means "As Far As I Know". It's an acronym. For some of the most
        common, check:

        http://andres980.tripod.com/abreviaciones.html

        It will give you an idea of what some of the acronyms mean. Also check the
        program /usr/games/wtf (I think). It also defines some acronyms.

        And for your question, yes, you can burn it as a data CD.

        Andres Rosado
        Email: andresr@...
        ICQ: 66750646
        Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/