Re: [despammed] [redhat] Re: Multiple Kernel

  • Balagurumoorthy S
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      >Hrmm--sounds as if perhaps you forgot to do make modules make
      >modules_install?
      i did make modules and make modules_install.

      >Try this for the heck of it...
      >I'm assuming you included support for the card when you recompiled
      I dont know how to add the NIC support
      >2.4.7--you did configure and compile the kernel, correct?

      ??

      >If so--if you used RH kernel sources then
      >cd /usr/src/linux-2.4
      done
      >If you used kernel.org's sources then
      >cd /usr/src/linux
      Source is from mirrors.kernel.org/Redhat/....7.2/2.4.7.rpm
      >then, either way
      >make oldconfig bzImage modules modules_install
      done
      >(it can be typed that way)
      >cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/whatever--for example,
      >/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7 Be sure that /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7 is listed, either
      >in lilo.conf or grub.conf See what happens.  :)

      I am able to boot with my new kernel. All my services are up and running Except the support for eth0. lo interface is up.

      i tried insmod, it gave me a list of missing symbols.

      ??? what to do?

      >If you have any questions about this, then ask.  Again, you did compile
      >support for the card when you did the kernel right? Scott

      insmod gives error displaying c5xxxxxxx printk_Rxxxxx and also a lot of other messages too. : (

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      [IMAGE]

      [IMAGE]

      Start posting to the redhat group using the following address:

      redhat@yahoogroups.com