What is Kudzu Utility in Redhat 7.1 ????

  • vikas_arora80@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi,
      A small query...
      What is Kudzu Utility in Redhat 7.1 ????
      Please let me aware of it...
      Thank you.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        On 08:58 2001/12/01 +0000, vikas_arora80@... wrote
        >Hi,
        >A small query...
        >What is Kudzu Utility in Redhat 7.1 ????
        >Please let me aware of it...
        >Thank you.

        Kudzu is RH's equivalent of MS's add new hardware wizard, sort of. :)

        Seriously, it's a hardware detection mechanism--after installation, if RH
        didn't find, for example, your network card, it can be helpful, at least it
        was with me and an old ISA Realtek card, but in general, once you've got
        your hardware installed, you probably want to shut it off, as it slows down
        the system startup.
        To do that, at a command prompt
        ntsysv
        This will give a list of services that run at start up--you deselect a
        service show by hitting the space bar, then the asterisk inside the
        brackets [*] goes away. Next time you start, Kudzu won't start.
        If you later add hardware and want to try detecting it with Kudzu, you can
        just run it from the command line by typing kudzu

        (You shouldn't need it if you add memory and a few other things.)

        HTH
        Scott
      • Gustavo Zamorano S.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
          That is the utility that will search for new hardware installed (or
          removed) and allows you to add its drivers (or remove)...
          GZS

          vikas_arora80@... wrote:

          > Hi,
          > A small query...
          > What is Kudzu Utility in Redhat 7.1 ????
          > Please let me aware of it...
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Start posting to the redhat group using the following address:
          >
          > redhat@yahoogroups.com

          This Message is sent from My Linux Station at Home

          .-.
          .-. | Gustavo Zamorano S.