Re: [redhat] one more thing on XP

  • Jeff Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      No, not NTFS. its because XP is based on NT, which uses encrypted
      passwords. IIRC, everything after 95B, or perhaps from 98OSR2 on used
      encrypted passwords, as the stuff before was just sending them across the
      network in plain text.

      On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Scott wrote:

      > Don't know if this happened because I use NTFS, but I did have to uncomment
      > the encrypted passwords in smb.conf for it to work correctly.
      >
      > HTH someone
      > Scott
      >

      > Start posting to the redhat group using the following address:
      >
      > redhat@yahoogroups.com

      Jeffrey Lane, RHCX, EMT

      Red Hat, Inc. 919-547-0012
      www.redhat.com/support

      In memory of all victims of the Trade Center attack.

      and especially in memory of all Firefighters, LEOs and EMTs
      who paid the ultimate sacrifice during this troubles time so
      that others may live. God Speed my Brothers and Sisters.