X-server is missing?!

  • Henrik Leghissa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2000
      Hi!

      When I install Redhat 6.1 the stetup DOESN'T reckognize my graphicscard
      (Trident Cyberblade i7 AGP 8 MB). When I try and run the Xconfigurator
      or xconf I try and add a svga-server OR select the Cyberblade from the
      cardlist. Then I save the settings, but when I type startx it says errno3
      errno 111 etc. It says that an xserver is not existingor something. This (I think)
      has something to do with the fact that the setup didn't find my card in the setup
      and hmm... it exits Xconfigurator telling me that no xserver exists. I also tried
      various "accelerated cards" and also tried the vga option... nothing...

      I did a superprobe and well I got to say that it was a Trident with 256kbytes of memory.
      This CAN'T be right when I'm having 8 megs... it said it was a pci, the card
      is AGP. When I tried to add the card the Xconfigurator exited with the following
      errormessage:

      "Server doesn't exist, can't continue.
      tried to use ../ .//usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA"

      I also have a Voodoo2 accelerator on pci, but should this interfere with the installation?!

      I mean... why is this?! I would really want some help.
      Maybe you have some ideas on this?!

      I'll appriciate if you could email me directly instead of sending to the list, due to the fact
      that I receive 150+ emails a day and it's a pain in the *** to "sort out" the information I
      receive on a daily basis. The email to send to is Soulreaper@...

      Thanks in advance!

      /Henrik