Network can't reach the server

  • Administratia Laboratorului
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 1999
      Hi!

      We have a strange problem with our Linux server: it can't reach the
      stations (not even with ping) nore the stations can reach it.

      We have Linux on the server and some Win95 stations. The wire seems to be
      ok, since the Windows stations can see each other and exchange files.

      I've checked the routing tables and the network services configurations on
      the Linux server, and they seem to be ok, still nothing comes and goes
      through the network card. The netstat --statistics show me no Tcp RX/TX
      errors after trying a ping, but how can it be if there is no (visible)
      communication?

      I assume the network card to be ok, since there
      is no message about it functionning abnormally. It's a RealTek card, and
      it created us problems in Win95/98 also.

      I'm going to try changing it, but is there anyone that had a similar
      problem?
      System Administration
      of the Computer Center
      "B.P.Hasdeu" High School