Re: [redhat] Netscape Browsing Problem...

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
      On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:58:01 -0300, E4-Multan <m_ismaeel@...> wrote:

      > So tell me how I can use netscape for surfing.

      If I understand you correctly, you'd like us to find a way for you to break
      your employer's security rules. No can do there!

      OTOH, if you work out how to do it yourself, you wil either impress him or
      get the sack. I suggest you find all the documentation you can on DNS
      resolving and firewall configuration and take things from there.

      | G. Stewart -- gstewart@... |
      | Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE. |
    • E4-Multan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
        Dear fellows !!!

        I am facing problem druing net surfing while my dialup connection is
        configured well. I can connect with some specifice hosts which are
        inculded in my /etc/hosts file with telnet utility and can access their
        machine to exchange data. We are using linux machine as firewall server.

        When I tried to open the Netscape Commuincator, there is an error
        message appeared which shows that you have lock, hosts are not included
        in your host flie and remove that lock. I think, my boss has created
        that lock to keep me away to use internet while i m can connecting with
        some specific hosts using telnet command. Keep in mind that I am
        superuser at the time being.

        So tell me how I can use netscape for surfing.

        Looking forward to all of you.

        Ismail