REDHAT 6.1 HELP!!!!!

  • chris_cooldude_14@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
      Hi,

      I'm a newbie at linux, and i'm installing RedHat 6.1. Does anyone know
      where I can get some manual for RedHat 6.1. I've already got one on
      installing. I want some on Xwindows, installing devices, ect. Please give
      me some links, or even send me some manuals.

      /--------------------------------------------------------\
      | Email chris100@... |
      | IM onlychris100 |
      \--------------------------------------------------------/
    • Ron Bramblett
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
        [This message is not in displayable format]
      • Steven Sforza
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
          Check out the website www.linuxnewbie.org, especially the "NHF" (Newbie Help File) section... this web page is great. The discussion area is also a great help.
          One of the actual paper books I see suggested the most is "Running Linux, 3rd Ed." which you can pick up at bookpool.com for about $23.
          Get Visto.com! Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.
          Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
          Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info
        • Brian E Boothe
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
            you know that then man command brings you manula pages dont
            you? in linux
            there all kinds of FAQ pages you can download goto
            www.linux.org
            www.freshmeat.com / www.google.com for searching !!
            tell me if i can help ya o.k

            chris_cooldude_14@... wrote:

            > From: chris_cooldude_14@...
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm a newbie at linux, and i'm installing RedHat 6.1.
            > Does anyone know
            > where I can get some manual for RedHat 6.1. I've already
            > got one on
            > installing. I want some on Xwindows, installing devices,
            > ect. Please give
            > me some links, or even send me some manuals.
            >

            > /--------------------------------------------------------\
            >
            > | Email
            > chris100@... |
            > | IM onlychris100
            > |

            > \--------------------------------------------------------/

            > [ONElist Sponsor]
            > Please click above to support our sponsor

          • Joshua Mandelberger
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2000
              Linuxnewbie.org is a great site. I'm getting to be knowledgeable
              enough to be dangerous and yet I'm finding information there that I
              can use all the time. :) I particularly like the FAQ on how to setup
              Real Player G2 because I have been wrestling with it for a while. In
              anycase the discussion boards seem to be quite helpful and the FAQs
              are written so they can actually be understood and you don't quite
              fall asleep reading them. ::)

              From: "Steven Sforza" <ssforza@...>

              Check out the website www.linuxnewbie.org, especially the "NHF"
              (Newbie Help File) section... this web page is great. The discussion
              area is also a great help.
              One of the actual paper books I see suggested the most is "Running
              Linux, 3rd Ed." which you can pick up at bookpool.com for about $23.
              Get Visto.com! Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.

              Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
              Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info

              [This message contained attachments]