Browser options for Linux users.

  • Sams Place
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 1999
      Understanding that most of our community contacts,
      particularly if we are not blessed with a local user
      group!
      come from:
      usergroups
      mail list
      IRC channels (if we are so brave)
      and ultimatly from our useage of browsers to access
      the web.

      The following article struck me being as of major
      importance.
      May not be up to date <Netscape 4.5> but is the most
      complete
      list of browsers for linux I have yet encountered.

      Pardon me for the repeat if you are already a reader
      of
      http://lwn.net/daily/

      Quoting from Linux Weekly News:

      "An indepth review of all web browsers currently
      available
      for Linux has been translated into English and made
      available for the International community. This is
      an
      original article by Ricardo Y. Igarashi, published
      by Linux in
      Brazil. 21 different web browsers are covered, many
      with
      screenshots. "In my opinion Kfm, StarOffice and
      Chimera,
      along with Netscape, can already be used without
      much
      hassle on everyday's conditions. The other graphical
      browsers have problems that interfere with their
      usability,
      but most of them are works in progress, and they
      will
      probably get better." (Thanks to Augusto Campos.)"

      Article reference is to the following url:
      http://www.linux.trix.net/browsers.en.htm

      Hope all enjoy.

      God Bless.
      Sam