Hardware compatability

  • Andrew McCombe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi

      I got some cash and I'm looking at building a new system. I'm planning on
      running rh7 and win98 dualboot, but as I'm buying the components, I need to
      know what the best compatability for motherboards, cpu's etc.

      Can anyone point me to a few websites to help?
    • Gautham Ganapathy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
        www.tomshardware.com
        www.redhat.com (Look for supported hardware)

        > I got some cash and I'm looking at building a new system. I'm planning on
        > running rh7 and win98 dualboot, but as I'm buying the components, I need
        > know what the best compatability for motherboards, cpu's etc.
        >
        > Can anyone point me to a few websites to help?
        >

        > To unsubscribe from this mailing list, simply send
        > a blank email to redhat-unsubscribe@egroups.com.
        > Alterntaively, you can unsubscribe yourself at
        > http://www.egroups.com/.

      • Lotas T Smartman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2001
          The only probem will be modem. Get s normal non winmodem. Also sound.
          Get a sound blaster 16 or compatable or heigher. Mother boards I don't
          think are problematic. Neither are CPUs. Or hard drives, most net cards
          and ram. I think the main problem with be modem and sound. Most is not
          all new vid cards have drivers someware. Check www.linuxhardware.com if
          you are unsure. Or www.linuxhardware.org.
          Lotas T smartman
          www.lotas.f2s.com

          I got some cash and I'm looking at building a new system. I'm planning
          on
          running rh7 and win98 dualboot, but as I'm buying the components, I need
          know what the best compatability for motherboards, cpu's etc.

          Can anyone point me to a few websites to help?

          To unsubscribe from this mailing list, simply send
          a blank email to redhat-unsubscribe@egroups.com.
          Alterntaively, you can unsubscribe yourself at
          http://www.egroups.com/.

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/