Re: [redhat] CENTOS having trouble updating/upgrading, need help please

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2013
      On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 02:54:48PM -0400, Jim Thisdale wrote:
      > My friend has a CentOS based machine (at remote site, ssh, webmin, winscp access)as is getting these
      > errors when trying to run yum upgrade.
      >
      > He has tried yum clean.... and some other suggestionswith out success.
      >
      > It seems like either the machine is looking for the updates in the wrong place or the update server
      > is a problem...

      If yum clean all (did he use the all option) isn't helping, then he might
      try using the baseurl line (which is usually commented out) and commenting
      out the mirror line.

      Also make sure he does do clean all, rather than just clean.

      It looks like most of this is repoforge--he should probably just do yum
      update --disablerepo=rpmforge-*

      Then worry about the rpmforge issue separately. (That might be solved by
      removing all repoforge repos then reinstalling the repoforge rpm.