XRDP Help needed

  • Jim Thisdale
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2013
      Hello

      I could use some help / pointers getting XRDP working

      512mb pi
      sdcard, 16mb

      fedora remix 18 with all latest patches
      webmin, apache, ssh, and many others all working....

      installed:
      tigervnc-server*
      xrdp*

      opened ports in firewalld with firewall-config, persistent
      http, https, mdns, samba, ssh, vnc-server, tcp: 3350, 3389, 5510-5511, 10000

      xrdp-sesman.service & xrdp.service set to start on boot.

      RDP tries to connect, I get passed the login id/pw, connection log screen as follows:

      connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350
      sesman connect ok
      sending login info to session manager, please wait...
      xrdp_mm_process_login_response: login successful for displa
      started connecting
      connecting to 127.0.0.1 5911
      tcp connected
      security level is 2 (1 = none, 2 = standard)
      password ok
      sending share flag
      receiving server init
      receiving pixel format
      receiving name length
      receiving name
      sending pixel format
      sending encodings
      error - problem connecting [OK]

      Any clues as to what is missing/wrong ?

      Thanks
      --
      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
      http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2013
        On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 07:40:47AM -0400, Jim Thisdale wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > I could use some help / pointers getting XRDP working
        >
        > 512mb pi
        > sdcard, 16mb

        I do see that on Fedora forums, there are a lot of issues with it.
        There's a very old tutorial on it,

        You might go through that, starting from step 3, (the parts before that are are
        unnecessary if you're using an rpm) and see if you have any luck.

        You might also open a new thread on Fedora forums if you're a member,
        though looking at the other threads, doesn't seem as if too many people
        have ideas when it gets broken.

        It may also be the fact that you're using a remix--see if it works with a
        generic install, or even a live CD.

      • Jim Thisdale
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2013
          Thanks Scott, I'll have a look at that link...

          This is on the raspberry pi, hence the fedora remix 18...

          Yes it was relatively easy to get it working on an intel based pc fedora 18, 64-bit install.

          -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
          http://n1jmm.no-ip.org