Re: [redhat] GUI package manager name & xrdp help needed.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 12:47:50AM -0500, Jim Thisdale wrote:
      > I'm running this Pi headless, ssh, webmin, & apache are my only access.
      >
      > Can anybody tell me what the name of the fedora remix 18 for raspberry pi's package manager is?

      http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Fedora_Remix

      Seems to be called Raspberry Pi Fedora Remix. :)

      > Also, can anybody tell me how to get xrdp working. I've got several hours into this, best I can get
      > so far is RDP will try to connect but fails with an error message: Failed to load session "gnome"

      I do remember this causing people problems on the Fedora forums.
      Ok, browsing the fedora forums indiates that those problems were older. I
      don't usually connect to my Fedora workstation using X, if I have to, it's
      usually right on a lan, so I use vncserver.

      You might try googling Fedora xrdp and seeing if anyone is having similar
      problems, but I fear I can't help with that one.

      > of course gnome is not installed by default in remix 18, I really wanted it to start xfce. I
      > installed gnome with one error of lib<something> not found, no package available. still can't
      > connect. can someone give me some help getting this working? Note I did open TCP ports 3389, 5910,
      > 5911 in firewalld.
      > Thanks

      For a lib not found, see my page

      http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/yumprovides.html

      Angel: Oz.
      Oz: Angel.
      Angel: Nice surprise.
      Oz: Thanks.
      Angel: Staying long?
      Oz: Few days.
      Doyle: They always like this?
      Oz: No, we're usually laconic.
    • Jim Thisdale
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        Hi Scott
        see inline below

        -Jim-
        http://n1jmm.no-ip.org

        On 3/7/13 8:46 AM, Scott wrote:
        > On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 12:47:50AM -0500, Jim Thisdale wrote:
        >> I'm running this Pi headless, ssh, webmin, & apache are my only access.
        >>
        >> Can anybody tell me what the name of the fedora remix 18 for raspberry pi's package manager is?
        >
        > http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Fedora_Remix
        **** Checked that link already, just checked again, it says in the gui to click admin > software
        update, but it doesn't

        > Seems to be called Raspberry Pi Fedora Remix. :)
        >

        >> Also, can anybody tell me how to get xrdp working. I've got several hours into this, best I can get
        >> so far is RDP will try to connect but fails with an error message: Failed to load session "gnome"
        >>
        > I do remember this causing people problems on the Fedora forums.
        > Ok, browsing the fedora forums indiates that those problems were older. I
        > don't usually connect to my Fedora workstation using X, if I have to, it's
        > usually right on a lan, so I use vncserver.
        ***** tight or tiger VNC will be installed soon. I've always found getting VNC to actually accept
        connections to be very frustrating. Usually works well once it is setup/configured. I only found
        out about xrdp a few days ago, the message said it was real easy to install and it just worked... No
        such thing as easy.