home volume say 0 bytes free but files don't add up

  • pghlinuxnoob
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013
      I'm fairly new to Linux and just recently rebuilt my Laptop with Centos. This morning, I start getting an alert that my home volume disk usage is at 100% with 0 bytes free. I run the disk analyzer and it shows it as 100% but when I look at the files, I'm probalby not at even 5%. My home volume is 228G and my data is probably around 15G.

      Are there hidden files or something? How do I go about cleaning up whatever is using the space?

      Thanks for your help.