  • S.A. HOSSEINI
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2012
      Hello,
      In dos days we knew that dos read two files config.sys and autoexec.bat in boot process.
      What is complete list of configuration files that are read in Linux boot process?
      and what is exact purpose of each of them?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2012
        On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 04:51:35AM -0700, S.A. HOSSEINI wrote:
        > Hello,
        > In dos days we knew that dos read two files config.sys and autoexec.bat in boot process.
        > What is complete list of configuration files that are read in Linux boot process?
        > and what is exact purpose of each of them?

        This seems to be a homework question--I approved the post to make the point
        (not to you specifically, but to everyone), that one should research this
        on their own, then post any questions they might have.

        In Linux, by the way, this is changing as most systems seem to be changing
        to systemd, whether that's good or bad. Ubuntu is still using upstart, I
        believe. So you would have to be more specific.

        Note that you will have to show some effort on your part before further
        posts are approved.

        --
        Scott Robbins, list co-moderator
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2012
          This sounds like a class homework assignment, and it is better left to
          your final project.

          You can research this on RedHat.com on the system admin manual.