Help commando w and who

  • Rogério Tomassoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
      Hello, I'm having trouble with command who and w, someone could help me?
      The w and who command is corrupted, does not display the logged in
      users, how to restore without restart?
      As it happens?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
        On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:04:45AM -0300, Rogério Tomassoni wrote:
        > Hello, I'm having trouble with command who and w, someone could help me?
        > The w and who command is corrupted, does not display the logged in
        > users, how to restore without restart?
        > As it happens?

        You could try to reinstall coreutils

        yum reinstall coreutils

        I don't know if that will fix it or not, but it's worth a shot.

        Buffy: I'm a great cook... in theory. I've
        eaten a lot
      • Rogério Tomassoni
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
          Em 13/10/2011 09:22, Scott escreveu:

          > On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:04:45AM -0300, Rogério Tomassoni wrote:
          > > Hello, I'm having trouble with command who and w, someone could help me?
          > > The w and who command is corrupted, does not display the logged in
          > > users, how to restore without restart?
          > > As it happens?
          >
          > You could try to reinstall coreutils
          >
          > yum reinstall coreutils
          >
          > I don't know if that will fix it or not, but it's worth a shot.
          >
          > --
          > Scott Robbins
          > PGP keyID EB3467D6
          >
          > Buffy: I'm a great cook... in theory. I've
          > eaten a lot
          >
          > _
          cool, I'll try.
          Thanks