RHEL HTTP Server Configuration

  • Khawar Syed
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
      hi friends,

      I need your help in configuring HTTP server for RHEL 5.4, while installing the packages for HTTP without denpendecies, it is giving an error message that the package "libapr-1.so.0" is missing. I try to find the package on the DVD but it is not there. So how should I proceed with the HTTP Server Configurations.

      thanks.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
        On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 08:44:02PM +0530, Khawar Syed wrote:
        > hi friends,
        >
        > I need your help in configuring HTTP server for RHEL 5.4, while installing the packages for HTTP without denpendecies, it is giving an error message that the package "libapr-1.so.0" is missing. I try to find the package on the DVD but it is not there. So how should I proceed with the HTTP Server Configurations.

        How did you install without dependencies? That's one problem with RH
        based systems, they're so bloated, one is never sure whether something
        can be left out.

        A very handy command is yum provides. In this case, on CentOS 6.0, I
        try

        yum provides */libapr-1.so.0

        (It should be done the way I wrote it, with the */ before the library,
        or anything, that you're looking for).

        It comes back with the apr program, with

        apr-1.3.9-3.el6_1.2.x86_64 : Apache Portable Runtime library
        Repo : installed
        Matched from:
        Filename : /usr/lib64/libapr-1.so.0

        So, in this case, yum install apr should fix the problem.

      • Chauhan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
          If you don't have HTTP on your dvd then you should download and install rpm of APACHE for RHEL 5.4. See links (includes configurations)

          http://www.linuxcream.com/blog/linux-system/linux_redhat/redhat-5-4-tomcatapachejkdjk-1/

          http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-install-and-start-apache-httpd/

              Chauhan

                     IT Support
          www.irfan06.wordpress.com

          >________________________________

        • Iqbal Shah
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
            without dependence used command rpm -ivh httpd* --force --nodeps

            To: redhat@yahoogroups.com
            From: scottro@...
            Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:35:34 -0400
            Subject: Re: [redhat] RHEL HTTP Server Configuration

            On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 08:44:02PM +0530, Khawar Syed wrote:

            > hi friends,

            > I need your help in configuring HTTP server for RHEL 5.4, while installing the packages for HTTP without denpendecies, it is giving an error message that the package "libapr-1.so.0" is missing. I try to find the package on the DVD but it is not there. So how should I proceed with the HTTP Server Configurations.

            How did you install without dependencies? That's one problem with RH

            based systems, they're so bloated, one is never sure whether something

            can be left out.

            A very handy command is yum provides. In this case, on CentOS 6.0, I

            try

            yum provides */libapr-1.so.0

            (It should be done the way I wrote it, with the */ before the library,

            or anything, that you're looking for).

            It comes back with the apr program, with

            apr-1.3.9-3.el6_1.2.x86_64 : Apache Portable Runtime library

            Repo : installed

            Matched from:

            Filename : /usr/lib64/libapr-1.so.0

            So, in this case, yum install apr should fix the problem.

          • smruti ranjan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
              hello dear,
              first you have to install yum server. so i send yum installation rar file.
              extract it and place it on u root desktop. fist read README.TXT FILE
              STEPS
              1. Download ranjan folder(its a .rar file using winrar software in windows
              )
              2. paste it on your root Desktop
              3.insert Redhat enterprise 5 DVD in DVDROM
              4. open terminal then type
              #cd /root/Desktop/ranjan
              #./yum.sh
              after complete the prosses
              #yum install httpd* -y
              Now your http server install on your server, then configure it .

              yum resolve repositoty automically

              Best of LUCK

              On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Khawar Syed <syed.khawar@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > hi friends,
              >
              > I need your help in configuring HTTP server for RHEL 5.4, while installing
              > the packages for HTTP without denpendecies, it is giving an error message
              > that the package "libapr-1.so.0" is missing. I try to find the package on
              > the DVD but it is not there. So how should I proceed with the HTTP Server
              > Configurations.
              >
              > thanks.

              Smruti Ranjan
              AIMT, Greater Noida
              Mob : 91-9810496458

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
                On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:13:06PM +0530, smruti ranjan wrote:
                > hello dear,
                > first you have to install yum server. so i send yum installation rar file.
                > extract it and place it on u root desktop. fist read README.TXT FILE
                > STEPS
                > 1. Download ranjan folder(its a .rar file using winrar software in windows

                Thanks for answering, but please do look at the forum guidelines, in the
                faq at http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/linfaq.html in the
                section on netiquette, and try to not top post.

                Secondly, if the OP has the original DVD, they are are better off just
                installing yum from there. As I pointed out earlier, the missing
                library is contained in the apr package, so as long as they have yum,
                they shouldn't need any scripts.

                Lastly, the list doesn't allow attachments, so if there is something you
                want to send the OP, it would have to be done privately.

                Cordelia: I do what I want to do. And I wear what I want to wear.
                And you know what, I'll date whoever the hell I want to date...
                no matter how lame he is.