Re: [redhat] PDF files

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
      On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 04:59:07PM -0500, Dan wrote:
      > Question...
      > In the old days (2006/2007) the redhat office suite was excellent at
      > reading (and writing to PDFs).
      > Yet I am no longer able to edit PDF's.
      > Did Adobe PDFs change, or did the office suite tools change?

      The latest versions of openoffice are able to do some, though not
      complete, editing of pdfs--you have to get an extension, I've forgotten
      the name, and edit it in draw.

      However, I don't remember it being able to edit pdfs in the old
      days--only acrobat (not the free reader, the rather expensive acrobat
      itself) is what I remember being able to easily edit them.

      It has had, for awhile, though, the ability to export a document or
      spreadsheet as pdf.

      Spike: Willow, tell 'em what I did.
      Willow: You said you were gonna kill me, then Buffy.
      Spike: Yes, bad, but let's skip that part and get to
      the part where I couldn't bite you.