Chromium and Flash.

  • seawolvn1
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
      I just switched to Fedora 14 64 bit from Ubuntu Maverick, and I rather prefer using Chromium over Firefox. I successfully got it loaded and such, however my Flash functionality's borked. First, I'll need to know where to find the output for what happens, though on Chromium it says that Flash simply isn't installed. Essentially, any further info you need from me to help me figure this out, you're going to have to point me to. I'm not the newest noob at this, but I'm still too used to Windows. I can manage yum installs with little difficulty (thankfully), but much beyond that and I'm lost.

      So I suppose the meat of the question here is, how do I get Chromium to recognize Flash?

      Iceburgh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
        On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:16:02AM -0000, seawolvn1 wrote:

        > I just switched to Fedora 14 64 bit from Ubuntu Maverick, and I rather prefer using Chromium over Firefox. I successfully got it loaded and such, however my Flash functionality's borked. First, I'll need to know where to find the output for what happens, though on Chromium it says that Flash simply isn't installed. Essentially, any further info you need from me to help me figure this out, you're going to have to point me to. I'm not the newest noob at this, but I'm still too used to Windows. I can manage yum installs with little difficulty (thankfully), but much beyond that and I'm lost.
        >
        > So I suppose the meat of the question here is, how do I get Chromium to recognize Flash?

        I see that on my machine (which is 64 bit) I have the actual
        libflashplayer.so in /usr/lib64/flashplugin and in
        /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins I have a symbolic link to it.

        Chrome just saw it in one of those, I think. I know that at one point,
        it had to be run with something like chromium --enable-plugins but that
        shouldn't be necessary anymore.

        You might try posting on Fedora forum and see if anyone can help. (Be
        sure to mention whether you're using google-chrome or chromium.)

        Buffy: Who are you?
        Angel: Let's just say, I'm a friend.
        Buffy: Yeah, maybe I don't want a friend.
        Angel: I didn't say I was yours.
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2011
          ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory

          That's my output when I try to create the symbolic link.