NFS Mount

  • Prajish S
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2011
      Hello,

      We have a few servers which are being used as login servers to create VNC
      sessions for Windows/Laptop users.
      I see in /var/log/messages that some user (or a script mostly) is trying to
      mount (its automount) some path, which is not available in the filer.

      Is there a way I can find out which user is trying to mount, that path?

      I did a ps -ef | grep <failed mount path>, which did not fetch me a result.

      --
      *Prajish S*
      *Tweet me @Prajish <http://twitter.com/Prajish>*

    • sachin torne
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2011
        *Hello Prajish,

        You can use auditd.

        any other tool or any other way so pls guide me.

        *
        =========================
        *Thanks & Regards,*
        *Sachin Torne*
        ***
        *

        On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Prajish S <prajish081@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > We have a few servers which are being used as login servers to create VNC
        > sessions for Windows/Laptop users.
        > I see in /var/log/messages that some user (or a script mostly) is trying to
        > mount (its automount) some path, which is not available in the filer.
        >
        > Is there a way I can find out which user is trying to mount, that path?
        >
        > I did a ps -ef | grep <failed mount path>, which did not fetch me a result.
        >
        > --
        > *Prajish S*
        > *Tweet me @Prajish <http://twitter.com/Prajish>*

      • Mohit Gupta