Read only

  • mansoor ali
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2010
      I have an rhel 5 nfs server.......
      /opt/new       *(rw.sync) .....this is my export file
      when i am trying to mount from fedora 13, it is read only .....
      the file is able write in other clients, those are redhat ......
      it is not allow me to write while iam trying to mount from fedora
      please help me on this

      Thank you................

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2010
        On 05Aug2010 22:07, mansoor ali <sneahatheeram@...> wrote:
        | I have an rhel 5 nfs server.......
        | /opt/new       *(rw.sync)
        | .....this is my export file

        If you attached it, the list software will have removed it.
        Please just paste the text of the exports file into your message.
        Or indicate that the above "/opt/new" line _is_ the relevant line from
        your exports file. (It is often helpful to leave blank lines around
        quoted file lines or command output, making they easy to identify.)

        | when i am trying to mount from fedora 13, it is read only .....

        Please paste the output of the command "mount" as run on the fedora
        system,

        | the file is able write in other clients, those are redhat ......

        Excellent. Please pick one and paste in the output of the "mount"
        commands as run on that client too. Then thy can be compared.

        | it is not allow me to write while iam trying to mount from fedora

        Are you mounting it based on a line in the Fedora system's /etc/fstab
        file, or mounting it directly with a mount command supplying all needed
        options (i.e. not getting options from the fstab file).

        Also, check who you are writing as. "root" on your fedora system will
        generally not be able to write to the mount. Other users should be able
        to (depending on the permissions in the files and directories, of
        course).

        It may be useful to watch /var/log/messages on the server as the mount
        happens.

        Cheers,
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743