Re: access to ldap server (from itself)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24 10:19 PM
      On 24May2010 13:00, Dan <hyattdj@...> wrote:
      | I am trying to configure a 389 directory server for proof of concept....setup-ds-admin.pl
      | after configuring the server, the application tests it
      | and I get:
      |
      | The server 'ldap://sdrac0104.frxntnyc.frx2.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot' is not reachable. Error: unknown error
      |
      | Please try again, in case you mis-typed something.
      |
      | Configuration directory server URL [ldap://sdrac0104.frxntnyc.frx2.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot]:
      |
      | vi /etc/services
      | ports 389 are open UDP and TCP
      |
      | ulistproc 372/udp ulistserv
      | ldap 389/tcp
      | ldap 389/udp
      | svrloc 427/tcp

      /etc/services only maps port numbers to service names.

      Try:

      netstat -an | grep 389

      or even:

      netstat -anp | grep 389

      to see what is actually in use.

      I would guess the LDAP server damon is not actually running.

      Cheers,
      --
      Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
      http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
      bought and sold are the legislators. - P.J. O'Rourke