how to install ethernet driver

  • jigar r
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2010
      how to install ethernet driver in linux...??
      gettting problem with ethernet driver ,
      its not available in linux..
    • Hyatt, Dan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2010
        I would find that really unusual. True in the very early days but not
        today.

        First you have to determine what your hardware is.

        Then you go to the manufacturer's site and they should have an rpm.

        Then install the RPM, which contains your drivers...

        ________________________________

        how to install ethernet driver in linux...??
        gettting problem with ethernet driver ,
        its not available in linux..

        This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2010
          On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 01:08:13PM -0000, jigar r wrote:
          > how to install ethernet driver in linux...??
          > gettting problem with ethernet driver ,
          > its not available in linux..

          You'll get much better answers if you tell us what sort of ethernet
          card.

          The results of running

          lspci

          (The last two or three lines might show the card)

          What type of Linux, that is, RHEL, CentOS, and whether it's 4.x or 5.x

          Forrest: This is the burden we bear, brother. We have a gig that
          would inevitably cause any girl living to think we are cool upon
          cool. Yet, we must Clark Kent our way through the dating scene,
          never to use our unfair advantage. Thank God we're pretty.