satellite configuration

  • Hyatt, Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      I am trying to configure satellite.

      I am trying to set up three channels

      5.1 rhel5_1

      5.2 rhel5_2

      5.3 rhel5_3

      5.1 , 5.2 Will be updated once and frozen in case we ever want to go
      back to them to reinstall a server at that level. 5.3 will be manually
      updated as we decide, later it will be frozen as we move to RHEL6

      I presume satellite-sync is what I use to update these channels.

      I am reading the documentation and it is not really helpful. Lots of
      English paragraph explanations of what I will be doing but no real
      examples how to populate these channels, and how to lock the 5_1 to keep
      it from auto updating.

      Thanks in advance

      Dan

      UNIX/Linux Engineer

      Work 314-513-6062

      Cell 909-720-0443

      This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.