Re: [redhat] Filesystem Performance

  • Dominic P Geevarghese
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2009
      Hi,

      >> which I did, I managed to configure the iscsi and multipath. but my issue is the I/O performance . My question here is

      Its the matter of performance of "Filesystem or Application " ?. First you have to
      identify the exact issue, who is running with poor performance! .  I am not sure the present filesystem you are using and how you are testing the Filesystem performance.
      Anyways, I would suggest you to check the following

      * Run the same application in Local filesystem n check.
      * Use latest kernel and check.

      >>  -- which file system I should use to get the best performance

      I would suggest EXT3

      >> -- shall I use LVM or no.

      LVM is not a Filesystem, that is a container . !  LVM is capable to manage filesystems you have created on top of it.

      >>  my file system is less than TB

      Then I would suggest you stick on EXT3

      >> --

      Red Hat is now shipped with EXT4 filesystem which is advanced one of EXT3 .
      But not yet started Supported in Production environment as it is Technology Preview.

      -- Dominic