virtualization v. paravirtualization

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      We are working on VMWare ESX and I was wondering if anyone has input on using virtualization vs. paravirtualization.
      I can isolate the windows servers from the Linux servers hardware wise. On Citrix Xen it was better to keep the windows separate from the linux hardware wise for performance.

      It is my understanding that there is a substantial performance increase using paravirtualization.

      Thanks,

      Dan