Re: [redhat] Jeff got a job

  • Vasudev Seeram
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11 10:56 AM
      Tom's Hardware?

      http://www.tomshardware.com

      --- On Fri, 9/11/09, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:

      From: J <dreadpiratejeff@...>
      Subject: [redhat] Jeff got a job
      To: redhat@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 2:08 AM

      The upside is that I basically walked into the job since the I've

      known the guy hiring for years through IBM, and all the infrastructure

      is based on F/OSS and all the automation that is written and in

      progress is python. I don't really remember much python, but I can

      read it, so this will also give me a chance to brush up on that and,

      for the first time since getting a degree in programming, actually do

      some programming.

      But I did want to ask you guys for book suggestions. .. What I'd like

      to find, so I can do some brushing up on the hardware side, is a good

      "Intro to Hardware" kind of book, BUT I have requirements.

      First, I'm trying to find something that's not BSEE level stuff that

      I'll just end up getting frustrated with.

      Second, I'm also NOT trying to find Hardware for Dummies. I'm trying

      to find something between the two, more like System Architecture for

      System Administrators or something.

      I don't care about the pathways embedded in the processor and the x86

      instruction set in Assembly, but more an overview at a higher than

      beginner technical level.

      Any of you guys know of such a critter?

      Cheers,

      Jeff