Re: [redhat] bash

  • aaron
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2001
      Previously, comcute typed into the ether:
      > aaron wrote:
      >
      > > Previously, comcute@... typed into the ether:
      > > > Hi everyone
      > > > How can i disable terminal bell in bash ?
      > > > I am using GNU bash, version 2.04.11(1)-release
      > >
      > > From the Xwindows GUI (at least for Gnome), click on any terminal
      > > window with the Right mouse button to get the preferences menu.
      > >
      > > One of the options under the "GENERAL" tab is "SILENCE TERMINAL BELL"
      >
      > I want to disable it in the console not terminal ...

      Sorry, I don't understand your distinction between the two then.
      Maybe you meant to ask how you can disable the CONSOLE bell in bash? ;-)

      peace
      aaron
    • comcute
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2001
        > Previously, comcute typed into the ether:
        > > aaron wrote:
        > >
        > > > Previously, comcute@... typed into the ether:
        > > >
        > > > From the Xwindows GUI (at least for Gnome), click on any terminal
        > > > window with the Right mouse button to get the preferences menu.
        > > >
        > > > One of the options under the "GENERAL" tab is "SILENCE TERMINAL BELL"
        > >
        > > I want to disable it in the console not terminal ...
        >
        > Sorry, I don't understand your distinction between the two then.
        > Maybe you meant to ask how you can disable the CONSOLE bell in bash? ;-)
        Yep I meant the console bell
        It is really annoying, please help me if you know how to disable it
        thanks