Re: [redhat] Redhat 7.1 Questions

  • Vivek Singhal
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2001
      how about just recompiling the RHL 7.0 kernel . you can do it using the small workaround I mentioned in my erlier mails to the list. It is a 1 minute job !

      -vivek

    • Peter Hummers
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2001
        > ... I have no idea how to go about getting my cd-writer or my
        > scanner to work with RedHat - if I could, I can foresee me actually
        > getting rid of Windows altogether and using RedHat exclusively.
        > Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction where to find out
        > how to fix it? TIA -

        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

        There may be links to scanners here, too:

        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/

        Also http://www.redhat.com has a lot of searchable resources