Need help for bandwidth restriction userwise.

  • ritesh patel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
      Hi, All
      I need to set bandwidth restriction in my intranet userwise.
      can anyone tell me any utility or software for it like thirdparty solution.

      Thanks
      Ritesh

    • Satish Kumar P
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
        Checkout Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.net). Lot of things can be
        implemented using this s/w (proxy, firewall, nat, b/w restriction etc.). The
        main good thing about this product is that it is free to download and use.

        There is one more commercial s/w available that can be exclusively used for
        B/w management (usually used by ISPs). The name of the s/w is ET Bandwidth
        Manager (http://www.etinc.com/index.php?page=bwmgr.htm).