it is avaiable

  • Mohana sundaram Palanisamy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      hai buddys,

      i deleted some file in linux OS level with commmand prompt (rm * ), before  4 days ago. but now i want that files. can i recover the files?(from out of trsh), is it possibe from anywhere?

      if it is possibe please tell me the steps how to recover the file.

      i awaiting the mail from you.

      with regards,

      Mohana sundaram.

    • Jeff Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Mohana sundaram Palanisamy
        <msundaramgroups@...> wrote:
        > hai buddys,
        >
        > i deleted some file in linux OS level with commmand prompt (rm * ), before
        > 4 days ago. but now i want that files. can i recover the files?(from out of
        > trsh), is it possibe from anywhere?
        >
        > if it is possibe please tell me the steps how to recover the file.

        Is it possible? Yes. It is easy? No. Is it expensive? It can be
        if you pay someone to do it. Is it guaranteed to get your files back?
        No.

        Time to re-install, In my opinion...
      • dadi
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2008
          If you have a valid backup you should get it from backup ..... or if you know the inod of that files you can still get them provided they (those file's inodes) have not been already used ... :-) .

          good luck .

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
            Hello Mohan,

            can you let me know if you remember the file names  and just confirm if you have not rebooted the machine after deleting the files?

            Thanks and Regards,
            Minu Mathew