squirrel mail - installation

  • new friend
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hi,

      I would like to setup redhat Linux squirrel mail server.

      I have installed the following
      1. Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 update 5
      2. configured DNS,Apache,Sendmail,Pop3,Imap
      3.Squirrel mail and php4

      But i am not able to get squirrel mail main page.
      How can i test whether PHP is installed or not.

      Thanks in advance

      Bye
      sundar

    • yuri krysko
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
        You can test whether php is installed or not by:

        rpm -qa |grep php

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
          On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 09:44:57AM -0800, yuri krysko wrote:
          > You can test whether php is installed or not by:
          >
          > rpm -qa |grep php

          > --- new friend <srivisundar@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I would like to setup redhat Linux squirrel mail
          > > server.
          > >
          > > I have installed the following
          > > 1. Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 update 5
          > > 2. configured DNS,Apache,Sendmail,Pop3,Imap
          > > 3.Squirrel mail and php4
          > >
          > > But i am not able to get squirrel mail main page.
          > > How can i test whether PHP is installed or not.
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance
          > >

          > > Bye
          > > sundar
          > >

          > > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy!
          > > Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

          Giles: What ever happened to Latin? At least when that made no
          sense, the church approved.
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
            On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 03:30:55PM -0500, Scott wrote:
            > On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 09:44:57AM -0800, yuri krysko wrote:
            > > You can test whether php is installed or not by:

            Sorry for my blank reply to this email--just a mistake, please
            disregard.

            Wesley: Back, creature of the night! Leave this place!
            Evil Willow: Don't wanna.
            Wesley: (threatens with holy water)
            Evil Willow: (sighs) Whatever.
          • mann madhan
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
              Hello Scott

              you can check the php by the comman  php -v will show you the version of php installed..

              Regards,

              Beanth sridhar

              Junior Administrator
            • Abdul Raziq
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
                Hi,

                you will need some step to install squirrel mail

                1. download and run
                2. make link of squirrel mail  in /var/www directory
                3. make dirctory file in /var/squirrel
                4. move /squirrelmail/data directory in /var/squirrel
                5. make aliase for squirrel mail in virtual host (httpd.conf)
                6. run /config/config.pl (Pearl file locate in squirrel mail dirctory)
                7. need some changes with your organization
                8. finaly run squirrel mail  service
                9. test your http://localhost/mail ( mail is your alieas name) or http://x.x.x.x/mail (x is ip address or domain name.

                hope it cleared every thing.

                if there is spell mistake please ignore it.

                thanks

                A.Raziq

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 7, 2008
                  I've had some problem before when it comes to VirtualHosting squirrelmail... you can only set one domain using the config.pl Anyone here who knows how to tweak squirrelmail for VirtualHosting?

                  <papercodes/>

                  From: mann madhan <mann_madhann@ yahoo.co. in>

                  To: redhat@yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
                    Hi,

                    you dont need to make vhost. you just need to make alias in vhost.

                    alias /mail           /var/www/squirrelmail

                    than restart service and use it.

                    thanks

                    A.Raziq