Re: [redhat] clone software for linux

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2008
      dd is made for that.

      In Linux we tend to NOT need duplication of hard drives. We often need
      to copy a partition to tape (backup) or the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg and
      sometimes a couple of filesystems (/etc /usr or /usr/local) for DR, and
      lastly copying the data from one directory or filesystem to another.

      But rarely the whole disk.

      Google is your friend.
      A local class or online reading of the manuals would be helpful.